Top 5 Best Air Compressors for Framing
An Air Compressor Power Tool is one of the most useful invention in recent times as it is one of the most powerful, lightest and fastest pneumatic tool that makes use of drive motor or electric gas to power itself. It is termed as the fourth utility in the world of energy and users have to generate their air unlike electricity and gas.
The great thing about air compressor is that it can be used with diesel, gasoline or diesel engine to convert power to energy that can be stored in a form of pressurized air. The pressure that is produced by an air compressor is greatly enhanced when a lot of air is packed in the tank storage. However, when it gets to maximum level, it will turn itself off, which makes it a standard mechanized tool that is also very durable.
Importance Of Air Compressors
The use of compressed air machines cannot be over emphasized in this time and age as they play an important role in the modern manufacturing process. It is a fact that 10 percent of the energy that industrial companies used are compressed/pressurized air.
A lot of products today are produced using compressed air especially in the food processing industry as it used to package food products.
Features of A Good Air Compressor
- Delivers the right amount of air which is of the right quality.
- Stops unnecasry burn out or rupture that might occur in the system.
- It helps preserve energy.
- It comes with a full air compressor accessories (flow controller, regulator)
- It provides enough cubic foot per minutes for power.
- A good air compressor is made with enough storage
- It is not too expensive
What To Look Out For
So, you are probably thinking about getting an Air compressor power tool but you still don’t know what to look out for? Well, you are in luck as we have outlined the 5 top things, alongside the top 5 products on the market right now.
CFM Is Important
The Cubic Feet Per Minute will show the speed of the compressor and it is one of the most important to look out for in an air compressor because if the tool that you are working with makes use of more air than the compressor can handle, it will affect your output.
The Tank Size
The tank size of the compressor is another thing that you need to look out for as their air compressors that have air tanks that range from 1 to 6 gallons. A tank that can hold more air will make it easier for you to keep the pressure up when it is drops and needs to be refilled. You also need to note that a large tank cannot be substituted for a standard cgm.
Psi Is Important
A lot of PSI have enough pressure that can be used for DIY tools and tasks, thus you need to pay attention to the per square inch (psi) of the air compressor that you want to use. The higher the psi, the better the performance you will get from air compressor. For example, A 2-gallon tank that has a 150 psi can maintain the same amount of air as a 3-gallon tank at 100 psi.
Other important details that you need to look out for are;
- The powering source (electric or gas) is one thing you need to keep in mind before making a choice
- The ratings of the performance grade of the SCFM, OSI and horsepower
- The size of the tank
- You need to also look out for the type of pump.
Now that we have dealt with that aspect, let us take through the top 5 air compressors for framing
Makita Big Bore 2.0 MAC700 HP Air Compressors
The Makita mac700Makita’s Big Bore is made up of a pump cylinder and piston that is about 2.0 HP which gives it more output, less noise and makes it very efficient. It is an air compressor that delivers industrial standard power and is durable enough to work in rough terrains, which makes it a valuable tool.
One of the best part of this air compressor is the fact that it could last longer because it uses oil but this is also a drawback as you have to keep changing it often and failure to do so could lead to a huge damage.
· Size -18″x10″x22″
· Net Weight – 52 lbs
• It operates lower than 1720 RPM
• 1/4″ universal quick coupler
• It is packed with Oil drains and oil sight glass
• Makita Big Bore 2.0 MAC700 HP Air Compressors
• its noise is subdued to 80 dB
• The total weight of this compressor is 52lb
PORTER-CABLE 135-PSI Pancake Compressor PCFP02003
This Air Compressors for Framing that is made with a 3.5-gallon tank and a PSI 135 max. It is one of the few air compressors that does not come with an oil pump, which means you don’t always have to maintain it. It is packed with a 120v low Amp motor that starts immediately it is powered even during cold weather so you can also use it when in the winter without any hitch. This is also due to the fact it has an extension line.
A lot of users have written rave reviews about this compressor because it also made with a quick coupler that produces fast access to air.
However, the fact that it is not made with an oil pump makes it very difficult to fi so this is something that you have to look out for.
|· Size – 46.1in x 43.8 in x 47 cm.
· Weight – 20 pound.
|· It is not made with oil pumps
· You don’t have to maintain or fix it regularly
· It is extremely light so you can move it around easily as it weighs only 20 pounds
· It comes with two gauges
· The noise decimal of this compressor is 82dBA
· It also comes with a general inflation blower.
DEWALT Pancake Compressor DWFP55126 6-Gallon 165 PSI
The DEWALT Pancake Compressor DWFP55126 6-Gallon 165 PSI is one of the few compressors that is made with a very large tank which makes it very durable. This also makes it recover fast after every use. It is made with standard high flow regulators that makes it efficient and it’s coupler is well placed to increase its performance.
You don’t have to worry about using this air compressor during winter as it is made to suit any kind of weather and with its extension cord, you don’t have to worry about trying to starting endlessly because it comes just once. The noise level of this compressor is also very impressive as it is just below 75.5 db. Furthermore, it does not require much maintenance because it does make use of oil so you don’t have to worry about that. Although the weight might be a problem for a lot of people as it weighs about 30 lbs. So this something that you need to look out for
|· Size -17.2 x 16.6 x 20.1 inches.
· Weight – 30 lbs.
|· It is made with iron pump with a big bore cylinder that makes recovery very fast every use
· The low AMP prevents tripped breakers when the engine is starting off.
· The DEWALT Pancake Compressor DWFP55126 6-Gallon 165 is quite durable because of it’s oil-lubricated pump
· It’s Roll-cage construction is a protection against extreme condition
· It comes equipped with a large automotive style industrial filter
· This air compressor is made with cast iron which makes it very durable
· It is extremely easy to maintain
Makita Big Bore MAC2400 2.5 HP Air Compressors
This air compressor product is powered by a full 2.5 HP and equipped with an iron cast cylinder that enhance it’s compression. If what you want is big strokes then the the Makita is just right for you and it also emits less noise so you don’t have to worry about that.
The recovery speed of the Makita is quite impressive.
The fact that it has oil lubricated filter fives that are also automotive gives it greater efficiency and more air intake, which is it one of the best Air compressor on the market.
|· Size – 19-3/8″x18-3/4″x18″
· Weight – 77 lbs
|· This air compressors comes equipped with a low AMP draw
· It is made with a roll-cage construction that can stand harsh weather or job site conditions
· It is made with automotive style industrial filters that enhances its air intake
· Speedy recovery is enabled on this compressor because of its big bore cylinder iron pump and piston
· It is made with standard oil-lubricated pump
· Its oil sight glass makes it very easy to maintain
California Air Tools 5510SE Ultra Quiet and Oil-Free 1.0-HP 5.5-Gallon Steel Tank Air Compressor
The California Air Tools 5510SE Ultra Quiet and Oil-Free Air Compressor is designed to be one of the quietest air compressors in the industry having only 60 decibels of sound. The powerful 1.0 HP (SP-9413) motor operates at only 1680 RPM creating less noise and less wear. The ‘New’ SP Series of Ultra Quiet Air Compressor Motors have been designed to increase duty cycle and allow for longer continuous run times. The Oil-Free Dual Piston Pump System is engineered for high performance and durability. The 5.5 Gallon Steel Air Tank is Lightweight (46 lbs) and the wheel kit makes it very easy to transport. This air compressor is ideal for anyone working inside where noise is a major issue.
Safety Tips When Using An Air Compressor
Safety is a vital factor when it comes to operating any tech device and the same rule applies to the use of Air Compressors, thus we have outlined some safety guidelines that you need to follow. These are;
- Make use of the right kind of gloves, earplugs, goggles, and/or a respirator to protect yourself
- Make use of an electrical outlet with the right amount on the specific voltage on the instruction manual
- Ensure that you don’t make use of a generator because it will damage an electric compressor.
- Adhere to the maximum pressure that is required for the job or tool.
- Make sure you check the oil level on a daily basis to ensure that it is well lubricated
- Make use of belt guard for adequate protection.
- Check the drain cock to fix measure when done; this will make the tank last longer
- Make use of safety relief valve is the pressure is too high
It is important that you do some research before buying an air compressor and that is one of the reasons why we came up with this review so it can help you make the right choice that will suit your lifestyle. You need to understand that every air compressor has it’s unique features and they all come with different air rate, power, discharge pressure, size and other important features.
The right air compressor can make your life and work easier and the air compressors on this review have been properly analysed so you can make an easy choice. However, you need to buy the air compressor that will suit your specific need because anything asides from that will be counter productive