Nail guns are one of the most common air tools, and can be found in almost any garage or contractor’s tool kit. Before you run out and grab a top rated nail gun, you should probably know what you are looking for. There are different types of nail guns, and they are intended for different uses. To understand what type of nail gun you need you first need to understand the differences.
Different Types of Nail Guns
These are some of the most common nail guns home owners and professional contractors use:
- Framing nail gun: These nail guns are designed for almost any type of wood framing work, along with laying sub flooring, fencing, or building a deck. This pneumatic tool can also be used safely on plaster without causing cracking.
- Finish nail gun: This type of nail gun is used for installing baseboards, crown molding, and other decorative woodwork. It uses either 15 or 16 gauge nails, and can be used to finish larger projects like chairs, railings, or dressers, and the nails are smooth enough to be used on finish projects.
- Brad nail gun: This small nail gun uses 18 gauge nails and is ideal for use on wood that might crack under a hammer. This nail gun works best in small, cramped spaces such as small corners on trim and edgework.
- One important thing to take into consideration before purchasing any type of pneumatic nail gun is to make sure that it compatible with your air compressor.
Top Rated Nail Guns
This framing nail gun includes a one year warranty on its working parts. It features an air filter to help prevent blockages, and the ability to let you adjust the driving depth for the nails. It uses nails that range from 2” to 31/2” so you can use it on a wide variety of projects. Manufactured from high quality steel, and using an interchangeable trigger that lets you single or contact fire it is one of the most common nail guns found on roofing and framing work sites. This framing nail gun also works great with 10 lb. air compressors.
Designed for trim work, this pneumatic nail gun operates on PSI pressure of 60 to 100 and has the capacity to hold up to 100 nails at a time. The nails are 18 gauge and can range in size from ¾” up to 2”, which means you can easily finish small projects with trim work along with some larger projects. The rubber handle is comfortable and the quick release switch prevents any annoying nail jams. A window shows the nail count so you can always finish a job without running out of nails. A carrying case and one year warranty are also included with the brad nail gun.
This kit includes everything contractors need to frame and finish a job. A canvas bag is included to help you carry everything. With this kit you will get,
- Full round head framing nail gun
- 34 degree angle finish nail gun
- Finish stapler
- Brad nail gun
The nails are also included and additional nails can be purchased at any hardware store. These 21 degree nails range in size from 2” to 3 1/2”, and all of the pneumatic tools can operate on a 200 PSI or 4.5 gallon air compressor. An owner’s manual and 7 year warranty is included with your purchase, along with the security of knowing that these pneumatic tools feature the latest technological advances.
The durable magnesium construction lets you take this nail gun everywhere you go, and the lightweight design with rubber enclosed handle makes it comfortable to use. A red warning light lets you know when you need more nails, and it uses ¼” brad nails. The convenient carrying case lets you keep everything packed neatly together, and the quick release keeps the nail gun from becoming jammed.
This angle finish nail gun includes an air duster for easy cleanup, and can be adjusted while fastening different pieces of wood. A switch lets you chose between single or contact nailing so you can change from different jobs without having to attach an extra tool. The exhaust is 360 degrees adjustable, and it can also be set for different driving depths. The finish nail gun uses 15 gauge nails that can range in size from 1 ¼” to 2 ½”. A five year warranty and owner’s manual are also included with your purchase.
Latest posts by Compressor Guide (see all)
- The Best Tire Inflators with Gauges - August 8, 2017
- Guide to Finding the Best Tire Inflators with Gauges - August 8, 2017
- Веst Роrtаblе Аіr Соmрrеssоr fоr Саr Тіrеs - July 28, 2017